CAUCUS 22nd Annual IT Procurement Summit
November 7-8, 2017
Astor Crowne Plaza - New Orleans French Quarter
Call For Speakers 2017
Are you a dynamic speaker with experience in the technology acquisition field? If so, then here’s your chance to demonstrate that you have the knowledge, abilities and the track record to contribute to the profession.
Motivate your colleagues to reach new heights! Inspire newcomers to embrace the profession! Submit a breakout session proposal for the 2017 IT Procurement Summit presented by CAUCUS – The Association of Technology Acquisition Professionals!
What’s in it for you?
- Prestige – as you present at this well-known and respected conference
- Advancement – as you move from practitioner to authority
- Notoriety – let your stakeholders know that you and your organization are leaders in the field
- Feel good – as you tell your story and inspire others
- Confidence – as you build your reputation as an industry expert
- Satisfaction – as you contribute to your profession
- Camaraderie – as you network with your peers, practitioners and other thought leaders
- Respect – as you gain standing within your organization as an influential, active professional
- Connectivity – as you make valuable contacts among your peers
- Enhanced resume
- Improved speaking skills
- One complimentary conference registration
- CTPE/CTPS continuing education credit (Not one? Ask us how)
Since 1995, the CAUCUS IT Procurement Summit has provided attendees with unmatched educational opportunities. Remember these conference goals as you develop your proposal:
- Deliver stimulating educational experiences for all participants
- Offer insights into leading-edge and hot topics
- Reinforce established concepts and practices
- Provide a unique forum for peer networking
- Present tangible solutions and tools to use on the job
- Provide practical applications
- Empower attendees to make an impact within their organizations
What Our Conference Participants Are Looking For
- Expect to leave the Summit with a better way of doing their jobs
- Have high expectations for the workshop sessions
- Highly interactive sessions promoting the exchange of ideas
- Topic-specific learning
- Practical solutions for real world situations
- Motivation and inspiration
- Take-away tools
- Insights into best practices
- A good mix of sessions for advanced, intermediate and novice practitioners
Who Attends the IT Procurement Summit
- Professionals who have any involvement in the acquisition process, including:
- Information technology
- IT Procurement
- Vendor management
- Contract management
- Supply chain management
- Global strategic sourcing
- All industries are represented, including manufacturing, non-manufacturing, education, government, not-for-profit, and services
- Attendees include C-level and Director-level professionals and have a wide variety of experience, from novice to expert
- Attendees come from geographically diverse locations including Europe, Asia, Africa and South America
We seek highly interactive presentations on topics in all areas of IT acquisitions. The Summit follows these different tracks: Software, Hardware, Security, Telecom, Negotiations, Vendor Management, Professional Development and General.
For a list of the specific topics for which we are seeking proposals, please see the separate IT Procurement Summit Suggested Topics document.
How to Submit a Proposal
- Complete and submit the web-based proposal form. We accept only proposals submitted online.
- Complete and submit the Speaker Release Agreement.
- Each presenter may submit up to three proposals for consideration, either as an individual or as a co-presenter.
- Proposals are due by 5:00 PM (EST) February 17, 2017.
- If your proposal is accepted, CAUCUS will provide one complimentary conference registration and an honorarium of $200. Presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel and other expenses.
Format: Presentations should be 1 to 1 ½ hours in length including time for questions from the audience. Your proposal should include an explanation of how you plan to engage the audience and encourage their participation. All presentations should include content that is timely and relevant and provides attendees with information, processes, tools or other take-aways to improve their skill set and increase their knowledge base.
Selection Process: The CAUCUS Executive Advisory Committee (CEAC) reviews all proposals. The proposals are judged on a variety of criteria including content, benefit to the audience and speaking experience.
Notification of Acceptance: All prospective speakers and co-presenters will be notified of selection status by February 28, 2017.
Please contact the CAUCUS Executive Advisory Committee (CEAC) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-740-5600. if you have any questions about this Call for Speakers.