3 Great Opportunities this year for the Summit
- Jump Start, Negotiations- Monday November 6, All Day 8:30 - 5:00 pm, More Info and Register or see below (check-in is at 8:00 am)
- CTPS Express - Review Classes and Test, November 6, 1:00 - 5:00 pm, More Info and Register
- 22nd Annual IT Procurement Summit - November 7-9, All Day, Register here
- CLE Credits - Now approved for the state of Texas (8) and the state of Louisiana (11).
The IT Procurement Summit (ITPS) is an unrivaled event – bringing together IT procurement professionals from around the globe to collaborate on the latest industry trends and learn how to Do Better Deals® Featuring powerful presentations from some of best and brightest minds in the IT procurement profession today, you’ll walk away from our conference with keen insights on:
- Best practices for moving to the cloud
- Industry standards around data privacy and security
- Tips and tactics for negotiating better technology agreements
- How to more effectively manage vendor relationships
Our industry break-outs will give you an opportunity to network with your peers so that you can see how others just like you are dealing with the same issues and challenges you’re confronting in your own organization.
If you’re involved IT procurement in any way, our annual conference is a must-attend event! Sign up today to gain insights from industry experts, collaborate with peers, and grow in your career as an IT procurement professional.
- Develop relationships with your peers
- Build professional confidence
- Get best practices
- Improve your negotiation techniques
- Gain leverage with your suppliers
- Learn strategic global principles
- Reduce your risk
- Learn how to streamline processes
- Sharpen your skills; improve your proficiency
ITPS Jump Start (November 6, 2017) is an optional one-day event that precedes the IT Procurement Summit.
Check-in is at 8:00 am, continental breakfast included, class is 8:30 - 5:00 pm with a break for lunch.
Our Challenges—12 Major Challenges!
Overview of Solution
- Comes from a variety of sources
- Can be gained, lost or given away
- Affects attitude, behavior and outcomes
- The essential important factor?
- Effective negotiation is a process, not an event
- Use in whole or in part
- It’s about project management
- Provides focus, direction, discipline, consensus and consistency
- Best practices
- Collective wisdom
- Practical, proven do’s and don’ts
- From painful learning experiences
- Authority—Gain four ways
- Information—Six critical points, including:
- Information is power
- Talking = giving information
- Listening = receiving information
- The deal itself
- Opponent—Gain four different ways
- Establish team
- Develop scope
- Identify resources
- Collect/prioritize objectives
Step 2: Prepare
- Information gathering
- Finalize Negotiation Plan
- Run Simulations
- Meeting logistics
- Develop agenda
- Review table team protocol/rules
Step 3: Execute
- Meeting management
- Dealing with deadlocks and impasses
- Ploys, strategies, and tactics
Step 4: Manage
- Monitor Compliance
- Take action!
Summary and Key Points
- Never – 15 things never to do
- Remember – 23 critical truths
New Orleans Hotel
November 7-8, 2017
Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter - Hotel Information (hurry, space is limited)
- $1,895 nonmembers, $1,595 members
- Register and pay by 12:00 pm on October 6: $1,695 nonmembers, $1,395 members
- Also Available: Optional Program on November 6, 2017 now known as the ITPS Jump Start
Sign up today to attend and share this exciting event with your peers, and be sure to bring lots of business cards!